Picasa was a popular web based image editor, viewer, organizer, and sharer that was acquired by Google in 2004. Though Google recently made the decision to change Picasa’s name, all of the old Picasa data is still stored by Google. You can access your Picasa images and photos by logging in to Google Photos, the rebranded version of Picasa. Keep reading this article to learn more about the new version of the Picasa login process.
Picasa Login Step-by-step Instructions
You can reach most aspects of Picasa by logging in to Google Photos. However, if you want to see your old tags and comments from Picasa, you will need to go to the Archive section after logging in. Here’s how you can login to Google Photos.
1. Enter https://photos.google.com/ in the address bar of your web browser to go to Google Photos.
2. Click the “Go to Google Photos” button to reach the sign in page.
3. Select the account with your Google email address if it is already showing up. Otherwise, click on “add account” and add your Google email in the empty box.
4. Click on the button that says “Next.”
5. Enter your password into the box that asks for your password.
6. Select the sign in button to finish logging in.
Picasa Mobile Login Step-by-step Instructions
Google has created an app version of their photo service that can be used on either Android or Apple phones. The Google Photos app is automatically included on many newer Android phones, but if you do not have it, you will need to download the Google Photos app before you can reach your old Picasa account. Use these steps to access your old Picasa account from your smartphone:
Login Instructions for Apple Users
1. Download and install the Google Photos app from the iTunes app store.
2. Open the app and then tap the blue “Get Started” button that will appear on the home screen.
3. Enter the email associated with your Google account into the first box.
4. Put your password into the second box.
5. Click the “Sign In” button to finish logging in.
Login Instructions for Android Users
1. Find the Android version of the app at the Google Play store.
2. Install the app and then open it by tapping on the pinwheel shaped icon.
3. Choose the “Get Started” option to go to the login area.
4. Type your email and password into the appropriate empty fields.
5. Tap on the login button at the bottom of the page.
Picasa Login Customer Support
The Google Photos Help Center has help articles that will teach you how to find your Picasa items in the new website and app. You can also ask questions in the official Google Photos Forum to get more individualized answers from other Google Photos and Picasa users. If you wish to send feedback to Google about their new version of Picasa, you can login to Google Photos and then choose the “Feedback” option from the menu to send your comments to Google.